Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How Long Have You Been in The Business of Real Estate?

So, I am writing this blog after I have had so many people ask me how long I have been in the business of Real Estate and before I tell you the answer I am going to share with you a story, a story about me, the shortened version. 

A few years back I started feeling really run down, my body ached and I just didn't feel like myself. I went to doctor after doctor and heard things such as: "You are just stressed, take these anti-anxiety pills. You are depressed” (they put me on an anti- depressant, something I learned make you have absolutely no worries in the world, my preschool class loved the fact they could jump off the tables and I was completely ok with it.), "You need to work out more, be more productive." (At 5'3 I was 125lbs, worked out 4-5 days a week, worked and went to school, if they give out more hours in the day I was completely unaware of it,)"Stop drinking soda and eating out" (I don't like soda, I don't eat fast food and rarely go to a restaurant) and my favorite "You are just getting old, this is part of the aging process."(Umm I was only 30 at the time and after that I wasn't too sure if I wanted to see what 60 was going to be like.) All these doctors were from one of Southern California's largest medical facilities, I will keep names to myself and they were all well- seasoned doctors. They had been in business for years. Well, one day Mr. Govenator and his friends decided that a budget was not to be found and my job was swept out the door as was my health insurance. No job, no health insurance and student loans crawling up my back I was now stressed on top of feeling worse all the time. Needing to keep my mind occupied I decided to train for a marathon. I am not the greatest runner but I thought why not take my free time and do something good for a deserving organization. As I began to train I found it getting harder and harder to breath. Soon it was difficult to swallow and lying down to go to sleep at night left me with the sensation of being choked. After the urging of many family and friends I went to Olive View Medical Center, you know the place where the uninsured wait for hours to be seen. Did you know Olive View is a division of UCLA School of Medicine? I didn't at the time.  Anyway, I bowed my head and walked in to the ER. After several doctors’ appointments and test it was found that I had cancer. A slow growing cancer that I had had for a while. Go figure! I had cancer this whole time and I thought I was just going crazy! At first I was a little happy, happy because I wasn't crazy and I wasn't getting old! I looked back on all those times I left the doctors office in tears because I felt like they weren’t listening to me, like my questions and concerns were of no worries and I was happy that someone was finally listening to ME. I was actually a person now, not just another chart.  

 

So where am I going with this story and what does it have to do with how many years I have been in the Real Estate Field? Well, the doctors that took care of me at Olive View were new doctors, doctors completing their residency, doctors that were still learning and they took the best care of me. Better care than the doctors I was paying lots of money to. They listened to my questions, made sure I understood the answers, validated my feelings and my person in general.  They saw, noticed and did things that veteran doctors overlooked, took for granted. They took the time to make sure I was ok, I was. They dotted all their I’s and crossed all their T’s, something I think the veteran doctors missed a lot. These doctors were new to the field. They were still being guided by a “bigger” doctor, yet gave me the best care I could have asked for. I am her today, aren’t I?

How long have I been a Real Estate Agent? Well according too many not long enough. I am supposed to skirt around the subject and hope the question gets lost or forgotten about. Often times it does not.  So my answer is I have not been in the business for long but does that mean I am not capable of providing some of the best service possible? By all means, NO. I too, just like the doctors at UCLA, have some of the best training possible, and I too have some great “bigger” agents guiding me here at Exit Realty SCV. When someone is new at something they always want to do their best so they make more of an effort to cross all their T’s and dot all their I’s. So maybe I have not been in business for 10 or 15 years but how long you have been doing something does not always tell how well you will do it. When I do something I always work to do it to the best of my ability. There is no such thing as half done in my book. If there is a question, a concern, a need or anything, I work until it is answered or resolved.  I don’t have back burners nor busy signals!

 

Anna Rogers is a member of an award winning team at Exit Realty SCV, one of the areas fastest growing real estate firms in the Santa Clarita Valley. Working with both buyers and sellers in the Santa Clarita, San Fernando Valley’s and surrounding areas, I will work tirelessly to ensure all your real estate needs are met. I look forward to talking with you and helping your home buying and selling be a smooth transaction.

Anna Rogers

818.688.1882 http://www.buyandsellscvhomes.com

annarogersre@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment